Denver disability attorneys, Radosevich & Dixon, provide steady guidance at every step of the Social Security disability benefits process
As Denver disability attorneys, we know that the road to an award of Social Security disability benefits often is a long and trying one. Dealing with a large government bureaucracy like the Social Security Administration is difficult under the best of circumstances; dealing with this bureaucracy when your health is compromised can be overwhelming. Add to this the stress of not being able to work, and it is almost enough to make you think about walking away from the process entirely. We hope you won’t do that. At Radosevich & Dixon, we have helped hundreds of disabled individuals navigate the Colorado Social Security system. Whatever stage of the disability benefits process you are in, we can provide steady guidance.
Are you considering applying for SSD benefits?
If you are unable to work because of a physical or mental condition that has lasted or is expected to last at least 12 months, then you should consider applying for Colorado Social Security disability benefits. To apply, call the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 or visit www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability/. Many people complete the initial application for disability benefits on their own, and so can you, but you don’t have to. The Social Security regulations allow for a third-party to complete the application for you. Some Denver disability attorneys won’t do this, but we will. We will review your medical records, evaluate your case, and make sure your paperwork (or your online application) is complete.
Has your claim for Social Security disability benefits been denied?
If your initial application for Social Security disability benefits was denied, do not be discouraged. Most initial applications for Social Security disability benefits in Colorado and throughout the country are denied. However, more than half of the Social Security disability applicants who pursue their claim to a hearing before an administrative law judge are awarded benefits. The Denver disability lawyers at Radosevich & Dixon have extensive experience representing Social Security disability claimants in administrative hearings and in subsequent federal court appeals, when necessary. We won’t give up on your case until you have received the benefits you deserve or we have exhausted all reasonable appeals.
Are you looking for more detailed information about Social Security disability benefits?
Please take a few moments to visit our library, located at the bottom of this page. We have compiled more than 100 pages of educational materials that we hope will provide some answers to your questions and relieve some of your anxiety about the Colorado Social Security disability benefits process. Here are a few suggestions to help you get started:
Information about applying for Social Security disability benefits:
- 13 Suggestions for Disability Claimants: a broad, start-to-finish set of practical tips and advice. Download the PDF>>
- Frequently Asked Questions: a good introduction to Social Security disability.
- Video: Are You Likely to Qualify?
- Examples of who is and who is not disabled: a short article that demonstrates the sometimes confounding nature of the Social Security rules and regulations.
- The sequential evaluation process: a longer article that explains the disability determination process.
Information about appealing a denial of Social Security disability benefits:
- Appealing a Denial of Benefits: our free, how-to, e-booklet, delivered to you by email.
- Your Disability Hearing: a series of articles about this critical stage of the disability determination process.
- How the Judge Determines Disability, What Not to Do at Your Hearing, How to be Persuasive, Can You Work Part-Time? and How to Describe Daily Activities: our video collection provides a good overview of, and practical advice about, the administrative hearing.
Would you like to talk with a knowledgeable Denver disability lawyer?
If you would like to talk with a knowledgeable Denver disability lawyer about your case, please contact us. We have broad experience handling both Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) claims. Social Security disability is all we do.
We wish you success.
Paul E. Radosevich
Laura A. Dixon
Denver disability lawyers